Your privacy is very important to us at Baby Delights and we are committed to protecting it.
We are bound by and comply with the Australian Privacy Principles, the Privacy Act (1988) Cth and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's (OAIC) APP Guidelines.
Changes to this Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time so please review it periodically for changes. If the changes are significant, they will be posted on our website. Your continued use of our website and services or the provision of further personal information to us after this Policy has been revised, constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy.
The type(s) of information we collect
The type of information that we collect depends upon the type of relationship we have with you. We generally collect and hold the following personal information (but is not limited to):
- Your name and job title
- Your contact details (such as address, email address and phone number)
- Details about your demographic information (such as postcode, preferences and interests)
- Details about your order history
- Other information necessary to identify you and your enquiries, conduct our business, provide and market our products and services and meet our legal obligations
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Why do we collect and how do we use your personal information?
We collect, hold and use personal information for the purposes for which it was provided to us, for related purposes or as permitted or required by law. For example:
- Conducting our business;
- Providing and marketing our products and services;
- Managing and improving our products and services;
- Complying with our legal obligations including record keeping;
- Working effectively with our business partners and suppliers;
- Periodically sending promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- Market research purposes. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We may contact you at any time by e-mail, mail, SMS, telephone and social media (such as Facebook). You can opt out of receiving these communications by using our Contact us form on our website, or by following the 'unsubscribe' directions which are attached to our e-mails. We also comply with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) which imposes restrictions on sending e-mails and other types of commercial electronic messages.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.